Yoga for Back Care
Whether your pain is due to injury, surgery, repeated misalignment patterns, a work or sport related injury, or stress related, these gentle yet specific yoga movements will help bring balance to your body. Promote proper alignment, improve posture, and restore optimal function, in order to bring ease back into your life. Whether you are a seasoned yoga practitioner or new to Yoga you will benefit from this mindful approach.
In my private practice I have worked with people who suffer from back pain, neck and shoulder pain, low back pain, disc herniations, sciatica, and pain arising from a combination of musculoskeletal conditions for over 18 years. This program is amazing to prevent pain. It will help you eliminate pain, regain ease of movement and give you back your vitality. This class will help you:
- Reduce and eliminate pain.
- Understand and practice ways to improve your posture.
- Create balance between stability (strength) and mobility (stretch) in muscle groups that affect all your joints.
- Understand the importance of how to work with the force of gravity and its opposite, levity, by properly sequencing force from the ground up.
- Bring awareness to habitual holding patterns, in your body and your breath and learn new ways of supporting yourself.
- Access a peaceful mind state through use of breath, visualization, asana (yoga based postures), mantra and mudra.
Yoga by the Sea Classes
1055 Roberts Creek Road
Wednesdays, 10:30 to 12 noon,
January 9 to March 13 (10 weeks)
$20 drop-in, $6 supplement with ybts pass
OR purchase my 10-class pass, $160