Inspiring Passion – A healing journey through the Chakras and the 5 Elements
Dive into your body to reclaim who you truly are now…
Our past experiences, and especially the ones that wounded us emotionally, remain imprinted as unconscious memories, in our subtle emotional body. Unless they are processed and integrated, these held emotions cause us to repeat the same patterns from the past which cause us suffering. What we need to do to free ourselves, and open to new possibilities is to feel and finally release them.
Over this 7-week series, you will :
• Be introduced to your subtle energy anatomy, the chakra system, through experiential body-based practices.
• Learn about each of the chakras and how they relate to the stages of human psycho-energetic development from conception, birth, and all subsequent stages through to adulthood, leading to the conscious realization of yourself as a spiritual being.
• Understand what constitutes healthy development for each chakra, as well as how imbalances show up, including how they can lead to pain, illness or disease.
• Gain an understanding of the impact of energy blockages in your subtle body on your physical, mental and emotional health.
• Through the use of body awareness, visualization, guided meditation, self-enquiry, breathing practices, mantra, and yoga-based movements you will have the opportunity to explore issues that may be held in the chakras (for example, low back pain, and arthritis of the hips are related to the sacral chakra). Through these explorations you can gain a more holistic perspective and understanding of your life.
• Be prepared to choose new ways of being and relating in your relationships, experience greater self-love and acceptance, wisdom and joy, and connect with your PASSION!
“We humans have no real idea of the capacities of this body in which we live. It can sip the nectar of a star when it’s correctly attuned. It can make sweet love to another person just from thinking about them. The body is a mirror of the macrocosm. It has so many jewels and treasures within it that we couldn’t explore them all if we had aeons. Our bodies are the last great, untamed wilderness. They’re the frontier, not the final frontier, they are the only frontier. We’ll never exhaust their abilities or their capacity for love and ecstasy.” Richard Rudd (author of the Gene Keys)
Date: Saturdays, October 3 to November 21 (no class on October 24) Location: Yoga by the Sea, 1055 Roberts Creek Road, Roberts Creek Time: 3 to 5 pm,
Pre-registration required by September 28
Returning to Your Self
Mindfulness and Embodiment for life navigation
Learn ways of coming home to yourself…
We will start with mindfulness of the body as the foundation.
You will be guided in a body-scan to become more present to your experience in this moment.
Cultivate breath-awareness and learn simple breathing practices and Yoga sequences you can use daily to recalibrate your nervous system.
Be led in a guided meditation to grow self-acceptance and cut through confusion and stress to bring calm back into your life.
Understanding Biotensegrity and the Role of Fascia
Help for poor posture, misalignments, restricted joint movement, or tension in your body!
In this workshop we will learn to reduce and reverse cumulative wear and tear to our body through the practice of the Tensegrity Repair Series. Developed by Gioia Irwin, this practice restores flexibility and function to all joints and connective tissue systems (fascia, muscles, tendons and ligaments). The role fascia plays as connective tissue that holds our entire body together will become apparent.
We will look at the myofascial meridians as presented in Thomas Myers book, Anatomy Trains, and do a yoga practice to feel these lines in our bodies.
Our goal is to experience firsthand how changing our fascia helps to transform our body-mind.
Do you often feel like your neck and shoulders are stiff and immobile or that you carry “the world” on your shoulders?
In this workshop we inquire into our unconscious habits, we use conscious breathing and release chronically tight muscles and connective tissue to re-pattern holding habits that are part of an automatic response to stress in our lives. We restore range of motion in our upper back and shoulders to create ease and unwind the neck.
Reviewing and experientially sensing the anatomy of the neck, shoulders, arms and torso helps us understand how our head is connected to our torso to improve overall posture when sitting and standing.
You will leave feeling a sense of lightness in your upper body, and a deeper and easier breath. One year of yoga practice is recommended.
Part 1 AND 2 – An ongoing in depth exploration of our Neck and Shoulders through Yoga therapy
Awakening the SPRING in Your Step: A Hip Releasing Yoga Practice
After a wet winter of gripping in your hips to avoid slipping, we will focus on re-aligning and freeing movement in your pelvis, release tension and improve range of motion in and around the hip joints to help alleviate low back pain, lengthen your stride, and spring you into warmer weather activities.
Learn the anatomy of your pelvis and understand the connection between the feet, hips and lower back.
Understand the impact of breath and the role of a balanced psoas in freeing the pelvis.
Integrate this knowledge through a guided practice of breath and body awareness, as well as active and therapeutic yoga postures.
Walk away with greater awareness and a few simple exercises to keep you feeling light and buoyant on your feet.